Vacancy - Paralegal - Private Client
Flexible working following probationary period
Job Title: Paralegal - Private Client / CILEX - Mixed caseload
Minimum 1-2 Year Experience
Head of Private Client Department
To provide a competent, and efficient legal service to the clients of the firm.
• Support the firm in its intention to continually grow and develop the practice in all areas.
• Strive to provide excellence of service to all clients.
• Take a pro-active approach to the work carried out for clients and seek to build long-term relationships with them to develop a real understanding of their needs and environments.
• Be alert to any problems experienced by clients and react positively to these.
• Take responsibility for noticing client care problems and for solving these.
• Work towards clear objectives in the twin aims of delivering and generating client work.
• Take part constructively in the performance review process and undertake agreed training and development activities.
• Adhere to office and compliance procedures including health and safety.
• Dealing with Executries including all administration and accounting
• Preparation of Wills and Powers of Attorney
• Administration of trusts
• Guardianships and the financial affairs of elderly clients in permanent residential care
• Regular contact with clients by telephone, email and general correspondence
• Keeping up-to-date with developments in the law and tax regulations
• Generate satisfactory level of fee income in accordance with set fee income targets, record all time and fee promptly during and/or on completion of transactions
• Quarterly review of all clients files for which are responsible.
• Take part in regular departmental business meetings.
The firm can offer a competitive salary, excellent quality work and a strong support structure.
Additionally you will be able to demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge and be enthusiastic about attending networking events and conferences.
• Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
• Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
• Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
• Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
• Delivers work output to the required standard, meeting required billing targets.
• Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
• Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
• Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
• Operates effectively as part of a team.
• Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure the success of the firm.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and good decision making when dealing with problems.
• Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
• Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
• Checks that information is accurate and complete.
• Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
• Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
• Willing to ask questions, listen to others’ views and accept advice.
• Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
• Polite and courteous both by telephone and face to face.
• Minimum 1 to 2 years within Private Client department, strong legal secretary, wishing to develop caseload knowledge will be consider
• Practical experience of working in a legal office environment.
Please apply with covering letter and your CV to:
Bailhache Solicitors - Recruitment
2 Church Square Taunton TA1 1SA